Do you want your professional development to include being a Christian scholar?
Welcome from the Executive Chair
Welcome to the Society of Christian Scholars—a global community of, by and for missional Christian scholars! As a Christian scholar God is calling you to have a redemptive influence in higher education. You will flourish and fulfill this calling only in community with others whom God has also called to be salt and light in global higher education. We pray the Society of Christian Scholars will provide this community for you by helping you connect with colleagues, mentors, and resources necessary for you to be “the sweet fragrance of the knowledge of Him” (2 Corinthians 2:14) in academe.
Soli Deo gloria,Prof. Osam Edim Temple (Nigeria)
- Grow in Christlikeness through spiritual formation in the academic setting
- Exhibit excellence in research, pedagogy, and administration
- Think Christianly about all research issues and agendas
- Adapt successfully to the uniqueness of one’s ethnic and institutional culture
- Communicate the gospel effectively and help others grow in their faith
- Collaborate with other Christian scholars locally and globally
By God’s grace, this results in human flourishing and the common good.
~George Marsden, The Outrageous Idea of Christian Scholarship, 101