Do you sense God’s call to be “salt and light” in higher education? Do you want your professional development to include being a Christian scholar?
Join the Society of Christian Scholars and be equipped to fulfill your calling.
The Society of Christian Scholars is a global community of, by, and for missional Christian scholars:
- Missional: committed to and engaged in God’s mission of seeing all things redeemed (Genesis 1:28, 2:15, Jeremiah 29:5-7, Matthew 28:18-20)
- Christian: a follower of Jesus Christ and growing in Christian maturity (Romans 10:13, James 2:14)
- Scholars: called to the learned life and fulfilling this calling within higher education or similar professional contexts
The Society of Christian Scholars equips you to:
- Grow in Christlikeness through spiritual formation in the academic setting
- Exhibit excellence in research, pedagogy, and administration
- Think Christianly about all research issues and agendas
- Adapt successfully to the uniqueness of one’s ethnic and institutional culture
- Communicate the gospel effectively and help others grow in their faith
- Collaborate with other Christian scholars locally and globally
By God’s grace, this results in human flourishing and the common good.
*Requirements: Members must be academic staff or students of a tertiary institution that does not require students to adhere to a faith statement. Membership is also open to academics serving in non-institutional contexts (think tanks, private industry, etc.) or retired from any of the above.
Identify Christian scholars to collaborate within your discipline, institution, city, nation, or globally
Apply to be a mentor or find a mentor whose expertise aligns with your current needs
Apply for grants to increase your ability to have a redemptive influence in higher education
Access to online databases to help you in your research
Editors available to non-native English speakers submitting articles to English language journals
Find positions available worldwide in one central location
Form, or meet with an existing group of other Christian scholars gathering locally
Seminars and Conferences
Attend or host an event to be better equipped in your calling as a Christian academic
Learn how others successfully engage in higher education in redemptive ways
Confer with peers about ways to have a greater influence
Access and share resources helpful in being ambassadors for Christ in the academic context
Group Video Conferencing
Host or participate in highly stable, secure, and low-bandwidth group video conferencing worldwide
Members will have full control of what and how much personal information is shared with other members. Personal information will not be made available to any person or entity outside the Society of Christian Scholars.
While we are striving for a multilingual site, most resources are in English; and English is our operational language.