Last updated: (1/30/2019)
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the Society of Christian Scholars website (https://scshub.net) (the “Service”) operated by the Society of Christian Scholars (“us”, “we”, or “our”). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you should not access the Service.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription[s]”). We will bill you for service up until July 1st, the date you need to renew your subscription(s) each year. You will not be refunded for changes to your subscription(s). If you upgrade, the amount paid is a prorated fee. The charge is prorated based on what you’ve paid already, and how long you have had that subscription for. So, the sooner you upgrade, the more you’ll be credited.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”).
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’). The Society of Christian Scholars does not screen, edit, publish, or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Society of Christian Scholars, its agents, or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts them. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Society of Christian Scholars shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- The Society of Christian Scholars reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that:
- You are entitled to post Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so.
- Your Comments will not infringe on any intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, copyright, patents, or trademarks, or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- Your Comments will not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy.
- Your Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Society of Christian Scholars a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit, and authorise others to use, reproduce, and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats, or media.
Links To Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Society of Christian Scholars. The Society of Christian Scholars has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Society of Christian Scholars shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If there is a major revision, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a major revision will be determined at our discretion.
Unless otherwise stated, the Society of Christian Scholars and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the Society of Christian Scholars website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from this website for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://scshub.net
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://scshub.net
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://scshub.net
- Redistribute content from this website (unless content is specifically designated for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organisations may link to our web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies
- Search engines
- News organizations
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our web site.
Approved organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long
as the link
- Is not in any way misleading.
- Does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services.
- Fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve at our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources.
- “dot.com” community sites.
- Associations or other groups representing charities.
- Online directory distributors.
- Internet portals.
- Accounting, law, and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses.
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that:
- The link would not reflect unfavourably on us and/or our accredited businesses.
- The organisation does not have an unsatisfactory record with us.
- The benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of the link in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering our mission.
If you are an organisation that is interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2–3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name (Society of Christian Scholars).
- By use of the uniform resource locator (web address) being linked to.
- By use of any other description of our web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of the content on the linking party’s site.
No use of the Society of Christian Scholars logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and, at our sole discretion, to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this web site is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your web site. No link(s) may appear on any page on your web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will
- Limit or exclude our, or your, liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Limit any of our, or your, liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- Exclude any of our, or your, liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer are subject to the preceding paragraph and govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.